- Funding Opportunity - New Grant Applications Invited Now
The Dr Hadwen Trust is currently inviting new grant applications for research proposals to develop, validate or implement non-animal methods which contribute to the replacement of animal experiments in medical research. They have a total budget of £400,000 on offer for proposals directed at replacing the use of living animals in current procedures. For fuller details visit their webpage:
- The European Food Science Day will take place on November 18, 2009 in the Hotel Renaissance, Rue du Parnasse 19, Brussels.
You can find more information online at:
- The call for Interest for Grantholders at the JRC-IHCP is open.
Deadline 30 September 2009.
- The final version of the “ToxRTool” (Toxicological data Reliability Assessment Tool) is available on the ECVAM website under the section “Publications”.
This software-based tool was developed by the Research and Advisory Institute for Hazardous Substances (Forschungs- und Beratungsinstitut Gefahrstoffe (FoBiG) GmbH). The project aimed to provide comprehensive criteria and guidance for the evaluation of the inherent quality of toxicological data.
- Call to present methods with commercial potential for in vitro toxicology testing at: The Forinvitox Forum event "From innovation to market success"
The First Market place in Europe for inventions, applications and products for in vitro toxicology testing at the Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm 12-14 May, 2009
At the Forinvitox Forum event researchers and innovators will be offered an extraordinary opportunity to present their models and innovations with a commercial potential for in vitro toxicology testing. Besides oral and poster presentations, seminars and discussions there will also be a lot of time to meet end users, producers and regulators to hear about their needs and problems. The Forinvitox Forum event will also offer activities aiming at finding partners or others interested in your method.
All researchers and innovators are hereby invited to send in a short description of their method/model for in vitro toxicology testing on the form at the Forinvitox website.
All who submit short descriptions will get the opportunity to present their methods/models as posters at the Forinvitox Forum event.
The submitted descriptions will also be used as the basis for selecting several innovations for oral presentations and feedback from an expert panel on how to proceed from the research stage into a future product.
All descriptions will be published in an abstract book of the Forinvitox Forum event.
Do not miss this unique chance at the Forinvitox Forum event to discuss on how your method for in vitro toxicology testing can be transferred into a commercial product!
Send in the form to email@example.com
Last date for submission is February 9, 2009
Further information about the event will be available in the second announcement in early January 2009, and registration will start in January. Interested in sponsoring the event? Please email Viktoria Axelsson at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Forum is a joint event of the EU-projects Forinvitox and Invitopharma and IVTIP (in vitro Testing Industrial Platform) organized by Silverdal Science Park, Stockholm, Sweden.
If you do not want any further information about the The Forinvitox Forum event, please unsubscribe from this newsletter by e-mailing email@example.com
- A call for traineeships and the call for Interest for Grantholders are opened at the IHCP, JRC, Ispra Italy.
For more details please visit the following link: http://ihcp.jrc.ec.europa.eu/job/open_calls.htm
- IINVITROTRAIN (Alternative (non-animal) test methods for hazard identification of chemicals)
Please visit the following webpage: http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~invitrot/
- Register for CASCADE Open Forum on Endocrine Disruption - Present health threats and future research needs
Please visit the following link: http://www.cascadenet.org/projectweb/portalproject/Open%20Forum%20Registration%202008.html
- Technology Day
Vrije Universiteit Brussel's Technology Transfer Interface invites you to participate in:
New scientific impulses towards 3R Alternatives - Methods to replace, reduce and refine animal use
Stimulating research collaborations between industry and university
Thursday September 18th, 2008, VUB Campus Jette, Brussels
More information about this event is available at www.vub.ac.be/technologytransfer or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- SETAC Europe invites you to its 1st Special Science Symposium to be held 23-24 October 2008 at the Jolly Hotel du Sablon, Brussels, Belgium:
Integrated Testing Strategies for REACH: From Science to practical implementation
This 2 day symposium will give you an overview of the most relevant topics for the information requirements in relation to REACH.
Symposium programme is available!
Top Experts from the government, industry and academia will present a comprehensive overview of the available methods and explain the theory behind testing strategies for REACH. Check the programme at http://reach.setac.eu/programme_overview.
Registration is open!
Register at http://reach.setac.eu/register. Hurry, early registration fees end 1 August and registration is limited to 120 participants!
Note that 10 SETAC student members will be allowed at the symposium at a special registration fee if they submit an abstract for poster presentation.
Submit an abstract for poster presentation!
You are invited to submit an abstract for poster presentation. The deadline for submission is 1 August. Go to http://reach.setac.eu/submit_an_abstract for guidelines and online submission of your abstract.
- The Third International Seville Conference on Future Oriented Technology Analysis (FTA): impacts and implications for policy and decision making
October 16 - 17, 2008, Seville, Spain
Click here for more details
- The call for expression of interest for grantholder positions (PhD and Post-doc) at the Institute of Health and Consumer Protection, JRC, Italy are opened
Please visit the following link:
- 45th Congress of the European Societies of Toxicology (Eurotox 2008 Congress)
October 05 - 08, 2008, Rhodes, Greece
- Open Call for Traineeships at the IHCP is launched and advertised on the web site http://ihcp.jrc.ec.europa.eu/job/open_calls.htm
- The SOT abstract submission site is now open to accept abstract submissions for Platform and Poster Session presentations at the 47th Annual Meeting of the Society of Toxicology, March 16-20, 2008 in Seattle, Washington
All 2008 abstract submissions will be electronic. Please consider sharing your important research findings by submitting an abstract at:
or reference, SOT has developed Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to help you submit an abstract for the 2008 Annual Meeting. Just click the link below to access our FAQs:
We hope you will present your most recent significant research results at the 2008 Annual Meeting of SOT in Seattle. The deadline to submit an abstract is October 3, 2007 at 11:59 PM (Eastern Daylight Time).
- First International Forum Towards EVIDENCE-BASED TOXICOLOGY
October 15 - 18, 2007, Villa Erba, Italy
- 44th Congress of the European Societies of Toxicology
October 07 - 10, 2007, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 14th Congress on Alternatives to Animal Testing, 11th Annual Meeting of MEGAT - Middle European Society for Alternative Methods to Animal Testing
September 28 - 30, 2007, University of Linz, Linz, Austria
- 25th Workshop of the Scandinavian Society for Cell Toxicology
September 19 - 22, 2007, Salzau, Germany
Click here for more details
- 6th World Congress on Alternatives & Animal Use in the Life Sciences
August 21 - 25, 2007, Tokyo, Japan
5th Practical Training Course on Alternative Test Methods Reproductive Toxicology
May 10 - 11, 2007, Berlin, Germany
INVITROTRAIN: Reproductive Toxicology
- Reproduction: Advances and Challenges (C1)
Organizers: Susan J. Fisher, Sudhansu K. Dey and R. Michael Roberts
February 20 - 25, 2007, Eldorado Hotel & Spa, Santa Fe, New Mexico
Click here for more details
- ReProTect Joint Research Area Meeting (JRAM)
December 04 - 05, 2006, JRC, Italy
- 4th Practical Training Course On Alternative Test Methods
Organizers: Free University of Berlin,
December 07 - 08, 2006, Berlin, Germany
Flyer: Reproductive Toxicology